1. Determine if your school meets the eligibility requirements:
- Do you offer a bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. degree in entrepreneurship, small business management, or a similar academic major with an entrepreneurial emphasis?
- Do you offer a Minor with a minimum of 15 credits of strictly entrepreneurship courses?
- Is your school accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting body?
2. Determine if your school will support a Sigma Nu Tau chapter:
Complete the Petition to Establish a Collegiate Chapter form
- Obtain a Letter of Endorsement from your dean, vice president for academic affairs, president, or chancellor.
- Identify a Faculty Advisor and a Faculty Secretary
- Identify a minimum of 4 prospective student members
- Attach membership application forms for Faculty Advisor and Faculty Secretary and for all students nominated for membership.
(Membership applications may be sent in with the Petition to Establish a Collegiate Chapter or after your petition has been approved.)
- Include one-time initiation/membership fee of $50 for each member.
(Membership applications may be sent in with the Petition to Establish a Collegiate Chapter or after your petition has been approved)
- Attach Charter Fee of $150 (for first 25 chapters) or $300 thereafter
3. Mail Petition to Establish a Collegiate Chapter packet to:
Sigma Nu Tau Entrepreneurship Honor Society
Attention: Dr. Nancy J. Church, Executive Director
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh NY 12901
When considering to Petition to Establish a Collegiate Chapter, please start by reading over Sigma Nu Tau Entrepreneurship Honor Society Official National Constitution and National Bylaws.